Red Ribbon Week
Red Ribbon Week is a national campaign designed to raise awareness and unite communities to take a visible stand against drugs.
District 95, parents and others from our concerned community group, Ela Coalition Against Youth Substance Abuse, have prepared a series of activities for students and parents that reflect what we feel Red Ribbon Week is about…
· Celebrating students making healthy choices
· Appreciating all the lives that remain drug free
· Pledging to live a safe and drug-free life
· Talking with others and developing activities that will help parents, schools and the community deliver an effective, consistent drug prevention message
· Making time to be positive and fun— two things necessary to maintain good mental health.
This year for Red Ribbon Week, our school district, in collaboration with the Ela Coalition Against Youth Substance Abuse, will show support with activities and programs tailored for each age group. Below is a series of documents for teachers to use which have been divided by the different age groups.